Are you using LinkedIn to acquire more traffic and leads? If not, this might be a missed opportunity. Experian Marketing Services research shows that LinkedIn received 94M total US visits in December 2012. That is a 40% increase compared to the same month the previous year.Here are a few ways to start leveraging LinkedIn to target your B2B and/or B2C market:
- Add a custom banner to your company page and have it link back to your site. LinkedIn allows up to three different linkable product banners on the Products & Services section of your company profile, which means you can funnel traffic to a specific landing page and it can also be used as a simple way for users to contact you.
- Your banners can also be used to bring more value to your identity by highlighting customer testimonials, popular blog posts, case studies, webinars, showcase video and share other social channels.
- LinkedIn Products & Services pages help drive target demographics to specific products or services and also direct them to appropriate pages based on language (geographic) when customizing calls to action within the content.
- Companies can attach files or pictures (along with links) to their status updates to help increase the visibility and click-through rates of each post.
- Test long vs. short text updates to see what generates the most engagement.
- The Lead Collection Widget sits at the top of your profile in which people can easily submit their email address to you.
- LinkedIn Sponsored Inmail works to identify who you should target in email campaigns. It’s like email marketing on steroids.
- Use LinkedIn Groups to provide opportunities to learn more about your target market and share insights. This will also make your company a contributor to the community.
With some of these techniques you can now start building relationships as well as create new business opportunities. Attract higher-quality leads with LinkedIn.