In 90 with 90, 90octane team members share their marketing expertise in under 90 seconds. In this video, Account Director Nicole Thomas talks about the healthcare information technology trade show HIMSS, one of the biggest gathering of clinicians, executives and vendors in the world. Watch to learn how we use industry intelligence to make sure that our programs are are just what the doctor ordered.
Applying Healthcare Industry Intelligence to Client Challenges
In March, the 90octane healthcare team had the opportunity to attend the Healthcare Information Management & Systems Society Conference (HIMSS) with one of our clients. One of the biggest healthcare conferences in the world, HIMSS unites more than 40,000 global healthcare leaders to discuss industry trends and solutions — all with the goal of providing better healthcare at lower costs through value-based care.
Diving deep into healthcare trends by attending sessions and visiting booths helped us to better understand the industry challenges facing our audiences. That, in turn, helps us craft campaigns to address those challenges. For example, the primary industry challenge right now is that healthcare costs are ever-increasing, but the value of care is not. As healthcare professionals work to use data and technology to get the care model in sync with the payment model, we can build programs and messaging around solutions that help our audiences to accomplish that goal.
Within the overarching HIMSS theme of improving patient outcomes while reducing costs, several topics stood out that we can use to connect with client audiences. They included:
- How to build effective population health strategies using actionable data
- Digital healthcare and how to use innovative methods to improve patient engagement and reduce costs (virtual care, telemedicine, etc.)
- How to make sense of the “data tsunami” and know if you have the data you need to inform business initiatives (external vs. internal)
- “Person-centered” care and the increasing demands of patients with the evolving healthcare consumer market
- A holistic, collaborative approach to healthcare that addresses the full continuum of care
By continuing to deepen our understanding of these powerful trends influencing the healthcare industry, we can more effectively help our clients connect with their target audiences.
Questions? Contact us.
About the Author
Nikki helps develop strategy for client campaigns across a variety of industries and ensures that our programs meet client goals.