There’s a lot going on in the digital space, and companies have to constantly monitor and adjust their tactics to make sure they’re connecting with the right people. That’s why, as a PPC Coordinator, my job is to build, execute and optimize paid search strategies on Google Ads and Bing Ads to help my clients accomplish their goals and stand out from the competition.
But there’s much more to it. One of my favorite things about 90octane is the emphasis on cross-channel effectiveness. We’re all experts in our roles, but we’re also eager to learn more about other aspects of the agency. This gives everyone ongoing opportunities to learn new disciplines, share our knowledge and advocate for our specialties. It also helps us create client strategies that are more than the sum of their parts because each member understands how their contributions synergize with other tactics. This environment of collaboration and curiosity makes 90octane stand out.
On a typical day, I:
- Read a few articles from PPC blogs I subscribe to, looking for insights and interesting tidbits to share with the rest of the team.
- Check my email for important updates, revisions or requests from clients.
- Dig into Google Ads, Bing Ads and Google Analytics to check on the performance of the various accounts I run, paying close attention to any learnings that could help our social or media teams.
- Duck into one of our industry “War Rooms” to sync with our social and media teams while also teaching them more about PPC.
- Head back to my desk and pop my headphones on to concentrate on analyzing and optimizing keywords and ad copy.
- Meet up with some team members to grab lunch at a favorite spot downtown—maybe Chipotle or the Yatai sushi cart in front of our office.
- Hop on a call with a client to run through our PPC performance and make recommendations to improve their campaigns.
- Catch up on some crucial updates via our non-work-related Slack channels, like popular podcasts or happy hour spots.
- Develop a paid search strategy to help a new client achieve goals for brand awareness, lead generation or foot traffic.
- Grab a beer or some wine from our back bar and head to Thirsty Thursday to learn about what other teams are working on or share news and wins.
Interested in joining our Integrated Media team? Check out our current openings.
One of my favorite things about 90octane is the emphasis on cross-channel effectiveness. We’re all experts in our roles, but we’re also eager to learn more about other aspects of the agency.
About the Author
Joey has worked in paid search for over a year and enjoys creating strategies to solve client problems. When he’s not at work you can find him hosting a bad movie night or catching a show at Red Rocks.